The area of St James’s, in the City of Westminster is undergoing a transformation, with several large developments currently being knitted into the historic townscape.
St James’s Street is the principle thoroughfare linking Piccadilly and Pall Mall, made up of a variety of architectural styles from Georgian to 20th century modern architecture, such as the Smithson’s listed Economist buildings. The area has a varied tenure from exclusive gentlemen’s clubs, high end retail and boutique offices.
The building, along with the adjoining properties was reconstructed in 1910 by Lloyds as a banking hall and associated offices, designed by architects F&N Waller with a decorative Georgian facade constructed in Portland stone.
The building is a true mixed use scheme, with multiple entrances serving retail, office and residential uses and in more recent times the banking hall was a large and lively drinking hole.
Our commission involved redesigning the building interior, providing office and retail space appropriate for the location and likely tenant profile.