|Client||Legal and General Assurance Society Ltd.|
|Location||City of Westminster|
|Project Status||Completed January 2017|
The area of St James's, in the City of Westminster is undergoing a transformation, with several large developments currently being knitted into the historic townscape.
St James's Street is the principle thoroughfare linking Piccadilly and Pall Mall, made up of a variety of architectural styles from Georgian to 20th century modern architecture, such as the Smithson's listed Economist buildings. The area has a varied tenure from exclusive gentlemen's clubs, high end retail and boutique offices.
The building, along with the adjoining properties was reconstructed in 1910 by Lloyds as a banking hall and associated offices, designed by architects F&N Waller with a decorative Georgian facade constructed in Portland stone.
The building is a true mixed use scheme, with multiple entrances serving retail, office and residential uses and in more recent times the banking hall was a large and lively drinking hole.
Our ongoing commission is to review and rationalise the building interior, providing office and retail space appropriate for the location and likely tenant profile. The project is partially complete, with the main reception interior, restoration works and fit out of some upper floors complete.